Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Meridian in a 170 room motel

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtt

Vendor
Aug 8, 2008
US
Not sure whatr forum this belongs in. New customer small 170 room motel has an older Meridian OP11C. I am a MICS boy myself.

They have the older style Meridian sets installed and SL analog sets in the rooms. It has two large wall mounted clam shell cabinets that have button on the top left and right that you push in together then the cover lowers and can come off.They have a few issues but overall it looks like it is in good shape.

The Meridian Mail system is not being used by the guests but I dialed Ext-780 and it answered just fine I am PW locked out and since their renovation and staff changes they can not locate the ADMIN and user manuals.

All the manuals for the programming system itself are in the com closet and they have an old dot matrix and old style monochrome screen that I am not sure what is used for.Any ida what I am looking at?

They are considering replacement of this unit but if I could maintain it I would like to see if I could save them money. I am a very fast in the field learner.

They are telling me that they use to have voice mail and wake calling and call accounting etc..

The system has been in a locked com. closet and is in pretty goo shape with UPS power provided and pretty well maintained cabling. Looks like the local Telco must have installed this back in 1th 90's. Nor tel is still the system of choice with Embarq here in town.

My concern is of course learning curve time and availability of parts and tech support.

Any suggestions or resources?

Thanks!

I going to have to agree with StoneColdphoneman on this one. I too have been in the Telcom business for over 30 years, 16 of those years with Nortels. I admire your desire to jump into a new platform. But I think you going to need some onsite help from time to time on an Opt 11 with a PMS interface. Nortel's Norstar keys system are just about bullet proof! Unless a user spills liquid on a set or a direct lighting hit you installed them and forgot them. Nortel's Meridan SL1 pbx's aka CS1000 require more to install and keep running. Most business models have a technician install the hardware and operating system. Then a software design person configures the system. If you lucky, the original installer kept the patches updated. I suspect the software release is outdated, you might be low on analog tn's which will restrict the ability to expand the system. Good Luck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back