Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Legacy 911 Proctor system

Status
Not open for further replies.

miteltech06

Technical User
Sep 7, 2006
US
Hi All,
I just to have an SX2000 that was attaché to a 911 system name Proctor. It’s a legacy system that I keep when we upgrade to 3300 ICP. This is getting old because I need to dial a modem download a form, update the form then upload it on to the system so when somebody call 911 we can look it on a LCD display. Did anybody know if the 3300 rev 4.1 is capable to do the same thing without the proctor? I read something about CDR but don't know how it works. I don’t really care about the LCD display if I can receive an email with the info.
Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

What is it you are trying to do? The 3300 can be setup that if someone dials 911, a notification gets sent to a phone or a console that shows who dialed it. If you incorporate the E911 product from Mitel it can show on a display plus e-mail I believe.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

I want to remove the proctor out of the system. Don’t know why the Proctor was install at the beginning may be SX2000 was not able to handle 911? If I remove the proctor on what form I can setup what number is going to be dial when someone calls 911 etc. I’m kind of new on the 3300.

Thanks,

Let me explain this a little bit better. According to what I have right now this is how it works.
Somebody dial 911 proctor kick in and display the message on the LCD then I think it send the message to intrados (911 emergency system that qwest use). So I create the database on Proctor. Then login on intrado for E911. Both are program correctly. What happens sometimes is the number doesn’t cross clear and give me a bogus number example 7394121 which the first 4 is the real number. I think is a problem with proctor that’s why I want to remove it. Even do I check both databases and everything looks ok.

In the 3300 you establish a route for 911 ( 9911 ) calls. You mark it as an emergency route. Anyone accessing that route triggers an alarm on virtually any phone on the system. It shows the extension number and name of the phone and keeps ringing the phone until someone acknowledges the alarm. Will have to check how you trigger particular phones but in the mean time try looking up E911 in the 3300's help files.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back