Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

old IP Office 403 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cober

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2006
CA
a client of mine bought an old IP Office 403 because he had already two sites with such units and all goes well. I received his new 403 unit with a 1.4(22) release. I tried to upgrade but it crashed. So I defaulted the unit using the DTE port. The problem is that the DTE commands responded well with the AT commands but now it tries to load continuously a BIN file like viewed on TFTPlog as this:

Wed 14/5/2008 18:26:41 : Received BOOTP request for 00e007014609 192.168.4.6 ip403.bin
Wed 14/5/2008 18:26:41 : Sending BOOTP response for 00e007014609 192.168.4.6 ip403.bin

but it seems the bin file sent is not the one the IP Office is waiting for since it does not go further.
I tried to get a 403 bin file release 1.4(22) on google or avaya own site but never found one.
Could you help me with this one please. I founded some answers on your site close mine but not like.
I dont know either why it is an IP .4.6 and not .42.1 but anyway it is communicating.

Do you know about a site having the olds bins files?

why don't you put the 403 on 3.0(578) it will work on that version and it is available on avaya TAC

You will also need 1.99 and 2.99 before going to 3.0(5xx).

Which 403 unit is it?? DS or DT??? do you need the Digital ports??? What s/w do you have on the other units??? Are the sites linked via SCN???

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

1.99 and 2.99 are both already on the 3.0 admin cd, just have a look through the manager dir...

The bin files are in here:

C:\Program Files\IP Office\Manager\IP403

Jamie Green

Thank you everyone ;-)
Thanks for responding and taking a part of your time to answer.
It is appreciated.

To kwing112000, I don't know why I need a manager version lower than 4.0 to do that but I am ready to try. Just need to find one. I receive bootp request from 192.168.42.6 as showned in the bottom sceen of manager. I did the setup for bootp even if I have a release 4 manager.Manager tries to send it as seen in tftplog but I noticed that I cant ping to 192.168.42.1 or 192.168.42.6 so I think it stop there. That is my problem. I tried several times to reset the 403 but never got further.

to ChristianF, I have a 1.4(22) unit, so I have to upgrade to release 2 and 3. My try to upgrade to rel. 2 crashed! So I need help because I don't find the solution alone and I passed some time on it.

to jamie77, I know where are the files on PC but I wanted to know if there is a web site having the old bins and maybe the old managers files. I searched the Avaya site and google without success.The unit is a DS one and the link is SCN but it is not relevant here because I am not linked yet to the SCN. I am now in a stand alone mode and after the upgrade will be done to the others customer units level, I will configure the 403 and connect it to the SCN.

Thanks again to every one.

The reason you need a lower manager is because a 403 can not be upgraded to 4.0. you can use 4.0 if you know how to move the older 3.2 or lower bin files around.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Download the lastest 3.2 release from all the required bin files are included (1.99/2.99.....)

Have a look at the Tech Bulletins relating to that release and the ones it references.

Jamie Green

The 3.2+ Manager probably won't find the unit to program but the upgrade wizard should no problem.

Jamie Green

If you get an issue just set your manager working dir to the appropriate bin folder and then DTE the kit, it will take the firmware in that way.

Don't forget the interim memory expansion firmware builds. (1.99 and 2.99) the procedure is documented in the 3.0DT PDF's

If you have any specific questions, just ask.

Don't use the 3.0DT builds as you have stated that you have a DS 403.

Jamie Green

Hi everyone, I am glad to announce you that I finaly restarted my 403. I set up the preferences like this
IP adress 255.255.255.255
checked: the enable port for serial communication
selected the port, mine was 4
unchecked: load last file
checked:close configuration after send
unchecked:save configuration before send
checked: bacup files on save

and activated the bootp in manager of course.

Thank you again for your support in difficulties.
It is good to know that we are not alone on earth.
Have good lucks with yours IP Office. ;-)

I think it is was ChristianF means when he sayed DTE the kit.
It is the first time I had to do this in four years.

Probably won't be the last time.

Used to be a regular thing!!!!!

Done for getting it working fella.

Jamie Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back