Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old domain I removed still appears in windows network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratmeister

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2003
US
I changed a stand alone DC to be part of an existing domain...My problem is that the old domain name still shows up in the microsoft windows network when browsing. When double clicked, I get the message "name is not accessable. You might not have permission to use the network resource. Contact admin to see if you have permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available"

How can I get rid of the old domain name?

Delete it from the nethood folder or you just do nothing and it will be disappeared couple days later.

I can't find a way to delete it from the network neighborhood folder (unless you know a way I don't) and it has been 12 days since this started, so waiting doesn't seem to work either...It shows up next to the current domain in the neighborhood on any computer I browse with, but it doesn't show up in the directory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back