Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

old documentation required

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2004
GB
Hi guys,

I have a customer who has an option 11 release 18.40 no one knows any passwords for the switch. I've tried all the usual suspects but no joy. I'm not going to ask you how to recover the passwords, instead can anyone give me a link to some release 18 documentation so I can read though and recover the passwords me self. I can and have recovered passwords for rls 24, 25 & 4.5.

Thanks

No so sure, if the poster already knows how to extract 24, 25, and 4.5

There is no public documentation on password resets until you get to later releases that need to install media.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

If I'm not mistaken, It was done in load 9. There was nortel password that was different for every release. You would have to know what address the password was located at and print that address out. It was at a different address for each release.

for example on rls 14, you would input p 8a44 2. The output would be in hex. You would convert it to decimal and that would be the password. I have no idea about the procedure for rls 18 or the default password.

You would have to find a old nortel employee to get that information.

Hi Wane47,

I've heard about LD 9 and I know what the pointer is for 18.40 the only problem is to access LD 9 you need to be logged in and thats where the problem starts.

Doesn't an old PDT password work on that?

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

No unfortunatly before you can access PDT you require another password which I assume is the PWD2 password, I've tried the "old" PDT password with no joy.

If PointPro means anything to you, then you know what I do.

If it does not, I might know something.

Write any time

the pdt password back then was different then today's pdt password, but the process for extracting the password is the same. You just have to have that pointer spreadsheet from nortel to decipher.

Back then the coding was easier. Remember when the disgruntled Nortel employee posted the password cracking info on the Net and they had to scramble to patch everything. Don't try searching for it because it has all been removed legally from the NET.

Your maintenance provider should be able to do this. I've cracked back to 16.17 so I know it can be done.

Ha, no it's all still on the web. It has to be the easiest search to do.

Pre rls 22, you needed to go in to debug "$$" to find the password, alternatively if you have a low level password, do an xbk, upgrade to a rls 22 + switch and the rest is what us old Nortel boys do daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back