Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old bin Files Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayfoxmvp

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2005
US
I had a Small Office Edition that I lost the password to. I went through the DTE and AT-X to reset it. Unfortunately it was on an older version 2.0(15) I believe. I might have to try a couple since I did not document it before hand. I read later that the version had to match too. I tried a 1.3 ip401.bin and it would load that but say version incorrect. Version 3 and version 2.1 and it does not want to even receive the ip401ng.bin files. I am assuming the ng was added at 2.1.

I am hoping somewhere there is an archive with all of the old version files.

Can someone post a link?

Thanks
Clay

SOE was introduced a V2.0 & the bin file you need is ip401NG.bin

AT-X Erases the firmware (as you have now discovered) not the CFG, AT-x2 & AT-X3 are required to erase the CFG

to recover your system, 1st right out 1000 lines "I will not use the DTE port & AT-X unless EVERYTHING else has failed" (lol)

Now read FAQ950-5354

The Bin files you require should be in the manager directory or at least on the admin CD
(if not try FTP:ipguru.no-ip.info or the avaya web site)

I had thought there were two AT commands when I had done it in the past but when I searched through the 3.0 toolkit I came to the instructions for the one for the the firmware and did not realize there were two parts. But now I know. I also had to change the Manager PC to the same subnet and it worked.

Thank You.
Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back