Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Old Admin Downloads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHins711

Instructor
Jul 1, 2004
US
Does anyone know of a place to download older versions of the Admin software? I had copies of everything but have switched jobs and now only have the current ones available for download on the Avaya site. I am needing to upgrade a module and I would love to do it before I get onsite. Just so there is one less thing to worry about since I am doing this 3.5 hours away and after hours. Thanks in advance!

Which one do you need ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

That is a wonderful question. I am waiting to hear back from the customer. Nobody here knows and being that I don't have remote access, I haven't the slighest idea. Thanks for the help though! I will post up when I find out.

I have full software for

2.1.51/78
3.1.48/56/65
3.1.56(9401)

3.2.17/53/54/55/57

Sure i have some more if I dug around.

I have like 20gig worth of diffeent versions. our company is in the process of setting up a FTP site that we can get to and then have all the versions there for IPO. then we can get it from anywhere.

I have the majority of User Packs/VM Pro packs. And majority of bin files for most minor builds find out what ya need.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Thanks guys! I just heard back from the customer and they are on 3.1.56. I see there are no 3.1 versions for download on the Avaya website. Can anyone help me out?

I have no FTP site, however as you say you are only upgrading a module I will gladly help with the bin for the required module.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

I tried to post my email address but I got my hand slapped by the forum police. Thanks anyway guys, not just for this, but for all the help in the past as well. I will just upgrade it onsite tomorrow. Nothing should go wrong, knock on wood!!!

When on site take a look on the hard drive to see if you can find the files which the admin was installed from. Copy it, and take it away with you, eventually you will have all the releases you have in the field.

As a rule, I set up a folder on the C drive which contains the compressed folders, and the folders I unzip it too. That way the customer has a copy of all the software on site which is current.

Consider burning a litescribed CD with your company contact information, and the customers name, Firmware, and back ups printed on the CD. Then you have something to hand the customer with all their IMPORTANT data, as well as your contact info. It is a good place to burn copies of those training docs as well.

upgrade the lot instead of scratching around for old versions.

it will be fine, ahem. fingers eyes legs crossed. and ive just threw some salt over my shoulder just in case.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Since the only thing you are doing is to install a new module, and upgrade it to the processors release level, I would not even consider upgrading the systems unless there are issues with the current one. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking you have the current release level manager software installed on site, just not at your office, and you were looking to pre-upgrade the module?

If that is the case, the upgrade will only take a power down long enough to plug the expansion cable in, and then once during the upgrade procees completion it will reboot. Hardly worth the time to pre-upgrade the module if you do not have the release on hand.

Upgading the system firmware almost always has some impact on the functionality, and it is rare when some configuration changes in either the IPO, or the VMPRO are not in any way needed. Some features change slightly in the way they work, and require some retraining, or fielding of calls saying it doesn't work the same anymore. I would not do that in a case where you are so far away unless you are planning on being there after you upgrade, and during regular business hours to cover these issues while onsite.

Also, since upgrading the release to a newer one will obviously take more time, and probably increase the customers cost versus just installing the module at the current release. You really should offer the new feature set to the customer, plan to utilize those new features with the customer to justify the additional cost they are incurring. Otherwise you are really wasting their money since it is not broken as is at the existing release.

Yes, I was just upgrading the module. I just wanted to do it ahead of time so I would have one less thing on the list of things to do. I would rather take 20 minutes in the office to upgrade than risk running into some "weird" issue on site. But everything went well of course. Except for the Interstate being closed on the way home and having to take a 3 hour detour. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Do any of you have, or know of somewhere, that I could download VM Pro for 3.1?

which VMPRO for 3.1? There are like 4 or more versions of VMPRO within 3.1

What is the IPO version to go with it?

IPO is on 3.1 (65)

If there was any chance of finding the admin and user software that would be bonus!

IPOFFICEINFO.COM

That is by far the best IPO site on the web, even better than Avayas in my opinion. I put it in the favorites of every one of my customer admins browsers, and as the home page in IE on all the VMPROs I implement. There is no better way to get them the software, and tech bulletins on the latest stuff than setting them up with this site. If you need to walk them through an upgrade over the phone you tell them open IE, see this link, or that link click it, and same for getting user guides, etc, etc. Anything a tech might need, or a site admin might need is right there for the taking.

I know about ipofficeinfo.com. For software downloads, they link back to Avaya.com, where there are no downloads for 3.1 software.

Sorry dude, I thought his links there for 3.1 worked, I guess they stopped when Avaya pulled them from their site. He will probably read this thread, and put them on his own server within a couple days.

I have the same name as on here at msn so drop me an email, and I can try to get you some I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back