Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OK, Who's got a PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshack

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hello,
I'm on the look-out for a PDA, all I want is the basics: office tools (excel, word, outlook) and most importantly I need to gain access to the net and my e-mails. I onlly have a phone with infa-red (old I know), but I'm new to all this and I've been researching for a month now with no real answers.

Any recomendations?

Depends on what features you want?

I just brought my first hand held, iPAQ 5450. I love it! I havn't got it to play movies yet, but I wasn't expecting much on that point. But Age of Empires works well.

AXIM 300 MHz - 179.00 for today at Dell. Very powerful, excellent viewing outdoors, variable brightness indoors (excellent). Very fast. Read the User Manual pdf - search Dell site or Google.

They also have a forum. Best Buy had a 128 MB SD for list price minus $40.

Ground arrived in 7 days incl. one weekend.

Dave Y

I just bought a HP IPAQ 2215 and it's great! I't has 400 MHz, 64mb Ram, and it fits right on my hip. It has built in Blue tooth and I bought a wireless LAN card for about $60 with a $20 rebate. The wireless card gives me the abilty to access the internet via my wireless router. I was out walking the dog the other day and was able to check my bank and stock info at the same time via the internet(so cool!). I also picked up 256mb flash card; about $60 with a $20 rebate (this helps me store additional programs and data). I'm always on the go and it works well with my Lap-top. It's syncs up witn outlook 2000 (contacts, calander, and tasks) with no problem.

Dell also has the Axim X5 Advanced, a 400Mhz unit, basically the same spec as the latest compaq offering except no bluetooth/wifi, but it has both SD card and CF card sockets - GPS CF Cards are easy to get hold of, and mine runs Tom Tom Navigator 2 like a dream, movies look fab too, and WM2003 is cool, easy to sync to Outlook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back