Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ok this is driving me nuts. I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tailgun

Technical User
Mar 30, 2002
US
Ok this is driving me nuts. I have a label4 that Visible is set to False originally. Then in a DataGrid doubleclick event I do this.

frmSearch.Label4.Visible = True

What this is supposed to do is show the label which sez "Processing" so the user knows it is looking up the record he doubleclicked on.

But it doesn't work :( and I have no clue as to why it isn't visible when the user doubleclicks a row in a DataGrid.

Try this:

frmSearch.label4.visible = true
doevents

but also, rename that label to lblStatus or something more descriptive.

Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

Hi,

Use Me.Refresh or Me.Label1.Refresh.

The doevents it's dangerouse when You operates with data!!!

Read about the doevents in Your help! Also read about the Refresh method!

Tibi

refresh is fine, yes... Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

Ok I have used the refresh and it works just fine except for this. I set the properties to ForeColor RED in properties when it is set to visible = False. Then when I set it to True in the doubleclick DataGrid event and refesh it shows the words in Black instead of RED ????

Any suggestions ? or maybe how to make the label at least blink ? I would prefer to have it red but can't seem to make it red.

Hi there

have you tried putting
label4.ForeColor = vbRed

after your visible = true statement?

Transcend
[gorgeous]

I think I have but will try it just to make sure.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back