Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ok.. I have a form "Job Order Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

cppiston

Programmer
Feb 27, 2002
US
Ok.. I have a form "Job Order Entry", it is linked to a table "Job Order Entry"

Inside of the formJob Order Entry, is a Drop down Box "CamProfiles"...

I have a new text box in the form called "Gage Point".

Now, the Drop Down box call CamProfiles is linked to a Table.. tblCamProfiles...

tblCamProfiles has a field GagePoint.

On the Job Order Entry form, I want it where when someone selects the CamProfile, it will enter default data (From the tblGagePoint)into GagePoint on the form, and store that data GagePoint, in the Job Order Entry Table...

Its probably easy....

Thanks ahead of time!!!

On the Job Order Entry form, I want it where when someone selects the CamProfile, it will enter default data (From the tblCamProfiles)into GagePoint on the form, and store that data GagePoint, in the Job Order Entry Table...

Sorry, thats the correct way....

This might be an example of a non-normalized database.

When the user selects a CamProfile, you should store a CamProfile ID value in your Job Order table.

You can then look up the GagePoint by joining the JobOrder talbe with the CamProfile table.

I have done that, my tblCamProfile and the Job Order Entry tables have a relationship.

I am having a hard time for me to get the corresponding data from tblCamProfile / gage Point to store that data in Job Order Entry / Gagepoint... and have it show as the default data on the job Order entry form...

Thanks

OK, then you don't need to store Guagepoint in your Job Order Entry table. You can just look it up from tblCamProfile.

If you want to show the Guagepoint on the form, you can use Dlookup and a label control.

Cool, sounds good so far.. how could I use the Dlookup and the Label Control..

Could you show me.. PLeeeaaaasssseee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back