Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ok i can see this is going to be my new hang out..question? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
when you right click on a pic right and click save as..save it as either .art op .bmp file right..so i save it as a bmp..take the pic i saved and drag it into any of my art programs (photoshop, flash, whatever..even MSpaint that comes with windows) it tries to read it as a jpg file and can't open due to invalid jpg. format..

i'm saving it as a bmp..not jpg..

either way no good..

any ideas?
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Umm are you sure you're not just renaming the file's extension? Try renaming it to .jpg and then opening it...

(Hope I didn't step on your toes here hehehe ;-))

I had a similar problem right after upgrading to XP, that turned out to be a bad file association caused by my Photoshop install. Uninstalling and reinstalling cured it. I am also wondering; could their be a "hidden" extension (ie: filename.bmp.jpg, where the .jpg is hidden)? Do you have "hide extensions for known types" unchecked in Tools, Folder options, View?

uninstalling and re-installing what?..photoshop or xp?
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back