Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OIA Gateway application

Status
Not open for further replies.

yous414

Technical User
May 5, 2010
US
Hi Guys

does anyone knows about a free software application that will allow me to send text messages using OIA gateway application and a 6140 wlan handset ? I know there is some third party applications out there that are expensive.
Thanks
YOUS

Hi,

You are right that there are some expensive third party applications out the there, but they can normally do more than just sending a single message to a single phone. That being said, I had to write my own application (about 16 hours spent on the development) to do some tests around a specific problem I had at a customer site. Believe me, it's not rocket science, it's a plain and simple text based protocol being used. The SDK from spectralink is easy to follow and it is very easy for a skilled "programmer" to make a simple program using IP to send messages via the OAI gateway. If you connect via procomm or another terminal program to the RS232 port you can even "if you interpret the SDK right" easily send the commands necessary to send messages.

I2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back