Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

oh no... INI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAnselm

Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
US
Here's a good question for all of you. I'm an on-site tech for a local vendor. This site has an 81C running on 25.40 software. Loop 116 has been in service for almost 2 year without the slightest hic-cup.

Two days ago my company logged into the switch with OrderPro to download all the information that Nortel needs to quote out an upgrade. During the download we had an INI. According to them the last command issued was and IDC against one of the cards in loop 116. So as not to interrupt service again (on a fortune 50 company), they tried again last night with the same results, another INI.

There is nothing weird in that module. Just your standard digital and analog line cards NT8D02's and NT8D09's. I know that ld 30 is in MIDN so the loop is getting checked each night. I would love to do an IDC on each and every card on that shelf, but don't want to tempt fate. Anyway I can't understand how a simple IDC can INI a switch.

Have any of you ever heard of something like this?

yes, the IDC command is quering the card for information. If the card is flaky/bad or the flash bios on the card is faulty, the PBX could get interrupt errors (BERR) and cause the INI.

Looking at the orderpro log file, the person running it should be able to tell you which card it is and unseat it and carry on.

ok that makes sense because this is the error I received during the INI:

BERR600 NCB 1 3: Check Device "LOOP 116" at address 0x9d20 in Group 3
% Check IO device, network device, or PS card
%
% BERR705 EXC 1: Bus Error in Task "tSBB" (0xbb88950)
% SR=0x3010, PC=0x501861a, Addr=0x13327480, SSW=0x85
%
% SRPT789 RST 1: Exception-caused task restart: TID=0xbb88950, vec=0x2, pc=0x501
861a
%
% SRPT782 RST 1: WARM START IN PROGRESS - Reason 36

Did they use IDC or card inventory in 117 ?
On 25.15 and 25.40 it's a known problem that card inventory can tricker a INI.
There's a patch available for this problem.

One what on earth is a high powered company doing on 25-40 B obsolete and no support..

two, you obviously have an issue with this DGTl or associated control / net cards.

Out of hours, can you IDC the card manually without causing the switch to Trip, connect your PC directly to the active CPSI port to see the full information , sitting on a qsdi isn't good enough.

If it does replace the DGTL, and try again, reseating the card may just do it.

try the idc again to verify.

Run orderpro and get the upgrade to release 5 Nortel are doing some good promo's on this at the moment.

Ok, found out a little more...
They were using what they called an OPI tool.

I saw the complete printout and it definitely points to the the NET Card. Already did an IDC on all the cards in 116.

It was when they did a IDC on the NET card that the INI occurred. So now I have to wait and go through all the bull to set up a time to replace the NET. These large companies have to go through a huge process to notify everyone and their third cousins on their mother's side to get permission to drop even a single line card. It will take a while to authorization to drop a whole shelf. (Unless of course the shelf drops itself) Hey, I could get lucky...
Tom

Release 25.40. I logged into one of our company's systems the other day..... Rel 17.11. I just about fainted.

John

Wait till you find one at release 11 some day like i did and had to rebuild from scratch because the tape drive died. No hard drive on those old machines.

I still have a customer using the old blue cabs. I forget the release but i believe it is in the single digits.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

oh its broke alright...unfortunately so is the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back