Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Oh Dear, I have Just Erased Flash - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahBaley

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2001
GB

I have just gone and erased the contents of flash on a Cisco 1720, please don't ask why!

Can anyone tell me the procedure for obtaining a new IOS image, do I have to 'buy' it from Cisco a la Microsoft or are they freely obtainable

Thanks for your help,

G

"r tape loading error"

Call Cisco TAC support. They will have you FTP to obtain new IOS image.

I only have CCO guest access, I do not think that i can get inti the sw-center with only this access ???

G
"r tape loading error"

If the product is supported through SMARTNet or similar you should have access to CCO.

If the product is not supported you will probably have to ring Cisco

This is the situation;

We had problems with our leased line at one stage, so our ISP sent out a engineer and a replacement router to our site.

They managed to get the line up and running without needing to replace the router, that was six months ago and I am still awaiting a courier to come and collect the 1720 router that was left on our site - in the mean time I have been using this router to test some basic ios commands,I managed to wipe the contents of flash and now need to get the ios back on the router a)So that when the isp do eventually collect their router it has a os on it!, and
b)I can continue my studies in the mean time.

I am looking forward to my next task of restoring the IOS, but I can not do this until I have the 1720 IOS .bin file

If you can help I would be very grateful,

Regards

g-force@ntlworld.com

"r tape loading error"

Do you need c1720 IOS?
I can send it to you if you don't have it yet.

Regards

I'd suggest contacting TAC, or your ISP to see if they can supply an updated IOS version. If you've retained and backed up your running config even getting mheianna to send you the image might be an idea.

One thing though, if you don't want your ISP to find out, see what documentation you and have make sure you end up with the same image.

good luck.

mheianna

I would be very grateful if you could send the c1720 IOS
please contact me at g-force@ntlworld.com

Thanks

could you tftp the ios image from the working 1720 to a tftp server, and then retieve the image from the server onto the router that has nothing in flash? You should be able to perform that minimal function from rmon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back