Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFTP Needed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellmunday

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
GB
my company wants to receive information from general Motors they have stated that we must have an isdn connection with OFTP from my internet searches I have been unable to find any information other than its a protocol can any one tell me where to get it from and what it is.
General Motors will not give any information out about (they seem to be very anal about things like that)

Hi russellmunday,
If you need some information on OFTP, then I can tell you a little bit about it.
OFTP is (nearly) exclusively used by the european automotive industry. OFTP is the ODETTE File transfer protocol. ODETTE stands for Organisation for Data Exchange in Transport and Telecommunication in Europe.
OFTP is mainly used via ISDN, however there is also an implementation for use via TCP/IP-lines.
OFTP uses realtime compression of data and comprises restart capability in case the line breaks down.
In Europe, nearly the whole data exchange in the automotive industry runs over OFTP. In other areas it is different.
If you still need more information on OFTP, please tell me.
(I have implemented the OFTP protocol as software developer about 10 years ago ;-) )

Regards, Bernd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back