Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFO: Unknown error 0x5aa - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

samm

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2000
GB
I'm having exactly the same problem but mine tells me <br><br>OFO: unknown error 0x5aa<br>OFO: initialisation failure<br><br>at the start and the backup continues and at the end, even though the files are verified correctly it tells me job failed. I need to get this fixed and even more importnantly I need the OFO fixed cos I need to do incremental backups everyday every two hours.<br><br>My OFO settings are 5000Mb initial and 10000Mb max and I&nbsp;&nbsp;need to backup 20Gb.<br><br>any help?

If you are using ver 7.3, make sure you are running build 2575.

If you are running an earlier build, download from the Veritas website.

Make sure you check for any extra downloads. There is a file called post2575.exe that has to be applied after upgrading. There may be others.

These upgrades cover alot of the problems reported here, backing up mailboxes, OFO, Dr. Watson errors, etc...

Hope this helps.

Rik

p.s. If you are running other versions, check for upgrades, patches etc., as there do seem to be a lot of fixes out there that just may help.

I worked out what is causing my initialization failure - it is because I had the initial size of the OFO Volume set to 5000Mb (which I am now assuming was too large for veritas to initialise). I reconfigured it to be only 1000Mb and it is now working fine. In fact it is working very well and stress free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back