Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFO: Static file has grown....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmobberley

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
GB
We have an scheduled overnight backup which is working fine (I have been able to restore anything from the tapes). However, both the logfile and confirmation email state that the backup "failed", showing the message "OFO: Static file has grown to maximum size and cannot be incremented anymore."

Any ideas?

TIA!

Hi,have you tried to manual configure the OFO thru the OFO Wizard. Tried to set it to the max( if possible).

Veritas main disadvantage is its OFO. That Veritas!

Hope it help
RolKok Thanks and Regards
Rolank

run ofo wizard and make sure u have either set to default location or specify a folder (which exist and is empty) in the largest partition.

click next and set intial size to something small like 50mb and max to 10% of the size of data ure backing up.
remember though that if you have single disk in the server then ure intial size should be 10% of the data and max should still remain the same. single disk though!!

Cheers guys - I'll try these and let you know how it goes!...

Also if you're backing up remote server, make sure that you select that server in the OFO wizard, I just found that out like 2 minutes ago

I'm seeing the same issue on some of my backups. According to Veritas' site, NT doesn't support OFO max sizes of more than 10000MB (10GB), but the backups still work fine, even with 20GB of data written. I'm curious if this limit still holds with Windows 2000, as the article referenced only NT 4. Has anyone seen this? Not a problem, just an annoyance. I don't like seeing the "failed" word, when something succeeds. MCSE, A+

- if you are using 8.6 make sure that you do not put a path in manually to the static volume (OFO cache)(8.6 will try to locate the cache on a different volume than is currently being snapped. One of the main reasons you can get this error is that the cache does not like being on the same volume which is being snapped). Secondly, for this error, think of the initial static volume settings as being the maximum size it can grow to. The only thing you have to bear in mind for the max. is that it is NOT set below the initial size. You want to increase the initial size in increments of about 250 MB and watch the size of the OTMsnapshot.otm (the cache for OFO).

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back