Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFO: Snapshot error (0x46b): A potential deadlock condition has been d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2004
US
I am running Veritas Backup Exec on a win2k3 sp3 server. All my remote servers seem to backup fine. The box I have veritas loaded on will backup the system state but when it gets to the C: drive set it fails with this error. "OFO: Snapshot error (0x46b): A potential deadlock condition has been detected." I tried backing up that system as a remote system and that failed with the same error. If anyone has ever ran into this before or just knows the solution I would apperciate any help.

It is for sure a resource error, whether not enough memory or not enough free hard drive space if using Advanced Open File option. I had 1 SQL server that is taxed and had this error frequently. I have since turned off OFO and haven't had the problem. One other thing you can try is moving the Backup Exec OFO folder on the remote server to another server with more room. This will slow the backup however. Adding more ram or moving the job to a time less busy or adding a slave hard drive and moving the OFO folder there may be a good option. Hopefully this gives you some food for thought. Try some combination of suggestions above until find one that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back