Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offsite tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pct3ch

MIS
Feb 3, 2003
US
Hello again. I have been asked to get tapes containing backup information of some of our servers to take offsite for storage. How do I go about doing this? Is a script needed for this? I have never written a script so any help would be great.

We're running Veritas 3.4.1GA on a solaris box. The servers we are backing up are running W2K Server and Advanced server.

Thanks!

Extra work, but we duplicate tapes and take them off-site rather than the original tapes because we prefer to have the tapes available for ease of restores. Then again, your situation may be different.

SENTMEMAIL

I posted this answer to you in another forum.

-d-

Can someone give me directions on how to create duplicates?

the easy way (if you can afford it) is installing NetBackup Vault facility, allowing you to do duplication, reporting AND offsite tape management.

Other option is create scripts that use bpduplicate command.
see Admin Guide NB 45 page 490 and up.

3rd option look at site to find loads of NetBackup scripts. Jan Meijer
COMPAREX Nederland BV

Could you do it by duplication also? Would that be any esier? I didn't find anything useful in your 3rd option. I guess it's because I'm not too familiar with the scripts.

If you bought the license for bpvault, you'd be better off using that. You'll have to specify various values in the parameter file like the list of pools to be checked, number of days, etc.
You can find all the info. from Vault guide.

Sekhar.

Unfortunately, we don't have bpvault. I was trying to figure out how to do it using bpduplicate but had a question. When I use <bpduplicate -PM> , the output does not show me full backups, instead they are only the incrementals. How would I be able to see just the full backups?

Thanks!

- The easy way is call your Netbackup GUI
- Click <Backup Management> -> <Image> & select <Duplicate>
- Follow the instruction to complete your duplicate work

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back