Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offsite Recording on a NAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerrco

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
For a NAM 4.1 I have always recorded the Main CCR Tree Greeting for Path 0 as well as Company greetings ONSITE.

Is there a good low -tech method and high-tech method to recording remotely offsite, either over the phone or via computer?

Thanks.

You can dial in through the Automated Attendant and access System Admin mailbox, which gives you Admin options remotely over the phone.

I get a message when I try that that says this mailbox has been locked... So how do you unlock it?

from the phone F985, 9, 73738767793 and hit reset password. This will reset the system coordinator mailbox.

Namly555

Even if you can access it remotely, you can only change greetings, or business status. You will not be able to change CCR menu’s/ prompts until you are on site.

Thanks for your help. I definitely wanted to change the CCR prompt remotely with my out of town voice talent. Does anyone know of a creative way to do it?

Like bkrike said, CCR must be done on site. The AA can be done remotely.

You would have to get a recording of it (perhaps a wav format.) Then you get a device that allows for recording/ playback through the handset. Such a device can be found here…

Mailbox is locked because ther have been too many unsuccessful attempts to access it. the password will have to be reset. But as BK and Bags has saaid CCR is not accessible remotely.

Marv

I've done this with a simple cassette or digital tape recorder. Have the talent do the recording ...take some sort of player to the site and with some deft button pushing and timing (handsfree works in a quiet room), you can do the deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back