Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offline mydocuments

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnassih

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2005
SE
Hi,

to implement a offline files, I create an organization unit and I creat a global group contain my users that I want to use this fonctionality, I link my object group policy to this org unit, now when I test, the policy do not applied to the users.

but when I copy a user directly to the org unit, it works !! I can not move all my users from the other org unit ..

can you pleae help.

but when I copy a user directly to the org unit, it works !! I can not move all my users from the other org unit ..

But that is how GPOs work, by linking an an OU. If you don't want to move users to the OU you have linked the GPO to then you will have to apply the GPO at the domain level and allow it to filter down. You would then use security filtering on the GPO so that it only applies to a specific security group.

Paul
MCSE

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

many thanks Paul, It works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back