Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Folders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

speloq

MIS
Dec 4, 2002
US
I currently have Offline Folders setup on my XP Pro Laptop. I'm able to sync without any problems. My question is how can I configure the Offline Folders so that it doesn't do all of the Sub-directories. When I right click on the folders that I don't want Offline the Make Available Offline option is greyed out.

Thanks Steve

In IE, if you click Tools at the top, Synchronize, are you saying that the Settings option and the check lists are not there, just greyed out?

Are you an Administrator on the machine?

No the settings are there everything on that page looks fine. In Windows Explorer on the folders that are available Offline, I'm tring to deselect some folders and files that I don't need Offline. When I right click on a folder I don't need Offline that option is Greyed out. To Make Available Offline.

Also yes I'm a local Admin to the machine.

I still have found a solution to this issue. Does any one out have one.

1. Start / Run, enter MMC select OK.
2. Select Add/Remove Snap-in.
3. Select Add and select Group Policy and then select the defaults to get back to the MMC.
4. Follow from step 6 in MS Article: 304624 above to set the specific folders desired.

You may have to reboot to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back