Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Folders in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabulani

MIS
Mar 26, 2001
GB
I am having problems setting up a user for Offline Folder File Access using Outlook 98 on Windows 98 and Exchange 5.5

If I enable Offline use in >>Tools>Services>Microsoft Exchange Server >Properties>Advance, When I go to >>Tools>Options>Mail Services all the Offline options are greyed out.

When I try to synchronise all folders I get a message that "Synchronization with the offline folder file could not be completed. The attampt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server Computer Failed"

I have reinstalled Outlook but to no avail.

As I recall (not on an exchange server right now), you need to CREATE the offline folders first. Tools-Synchronize-Create.

Maybe you've got some that are somehow bad???! Dunno. I might try renaming any *.OST files to *.OLD and see if you can create new ones.

I don't know that you needed to this, though:

enable Offline use in >>Tools>Services>Microsoft Exchange Server >Properties>Advance,
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word at

First delete your old PST file and then go into Control Panel and then mail. Go to the properties for the Exchange Server and then into advanced. Go into offline folder settings and then press OK. Make sure Enable offline use is ticked. Close this down and then go into Outlook again. This should now be all working.

Having the same problem, tried the suggested fixes but they don't work, anyone solved this problem??, Jabulani did you ever get a fix for this??

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back