Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline Files Synchronization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straterra

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2007
US
I currently have a setup that redirects a users Application Data and My Documents to a server. At login and logoff, these files get synchronized. Also, these folders are made offline in the event that the network goes down or if the user is on a laptop. My Documents synchronization works great. I can disconnect the network and get access to the users My Documents just fine. However, with Application Data, the files do not get synched at login. If I disconnect the network, all of the user's Application Data is made unavailable. This is a problem as Application Data holds the user's favorites and whatnot. Application Data is set to be made available offline.. Is there someway to FORCE or find out why Application Data is not synchronizing at login/logoff like My Documents is?

Is it happening to all users? I know the Application Data folder can get big. I'm not sure if the Event Log would tell you any more information. And you're referring the \ProfileName\Application Data, not \Local Settings\Application data, right?

"Rule #1 - When stumped, check your Event Logs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back