Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Offline address book problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS40

Vendor
May 29, 2003
US
We are running 1 Exchange 2003 SP1 on a 2003 server in 2003 AD domain. Clients running Outlook 2003.
Users set up in cached mode only receive an error 0x8004010F when trying to sync and download the offline address book. When you check server logs it shows the following when trying to rebuild during the nightly schedule. This also applies to manual rebuild.

The MAPI call 'MAPILogonEx' failed with the following error:
The MAPI call failed.
MAPI or an unspecified service provider.
ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000

I tried creating a new offline address book as well as a manual rebuild and get similar results with Event ID 9175 and an output error box to the screen saying:

MAPI or unspecified service provider ID no:00000000-0000-00000000 with ID no. c1054005.

The Information Store is running, system attendant running as local system account, outlook is not installed on server, no other issues except when checking permissions in ESM for OAB as someone suggested. When I click on client permissions I get Information store could not be opened ID no. c1050000. This is from ESM installed on a workstation. These users need cache mode so turning off is not an option and turning off not to download address book doesn't help. For now we turned off send receive display progress but would like this to work correctly.

I had a similar problem and found that the reference to the Offline Address Book on the Mailbox Store was empty.
After assigning the Offline Address Book (browse and found it), dismounting and remouting the Mailbox Store, the problem was resolved.

Here is the KB article I referenced and resolved my problem

Good luck
Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back