Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OfficeServ 500 - suddenly not on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

innoIT

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2019
GB
Hello,

I manage our in-house OfficeServ 500 as best I can. I'm an IT guy, not a trained telecoms engineer. Our telecomms partner has stopped supporting the 500 as they say the parts are hard to find so cannot guarantee maintenance, so I'm on my own with it.

Anyway, every few months I need to make a change (such as a name change) via OfficeServ Manager, but noticed today I cannot connect to the LAN IP of the system. I get "Failed online connection to system...Check the physical link between the system and OfficeServ Manager"

I also cannot ping the IP. Nothing, to my knowledge, has changed with the network or phone system to knock this offline. The IP address is static so should not have changed, but I googled how to look up from the handsets. Apparently, its TRANSFER then 830, but this shows "830: ETHERNET PAR", then on the next line "NOT PERMIT".

There are two ethernet cables connecting the OfficeServ to our network. One is plugged into MGC2, the other in MPI2. Both have a link light at the switch.

Any ideas how to get connectivity back?

Thanks in advance.

give it a reboot the lan can lock up we could support it for you parts are available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back