Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP Mail Merge Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeFour

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
GB
I currently use a Make Table Query to pass data from 2 different tables linked by Client ID number.
After running the query then the mail merge the document does appear with the following message:

The data source of the document you selected is different from the source you selected when starting the Mail Merge Wizard. Would you like the Mail Merge Wizard to change the source?

If I press Yes then the document flips down to the taskbar and the DB window re-appears, the document is fine upon restoring and all data is present and correct.

If I press No then I get the message:

The command is not available because no document is open.

I can actually ignore the message completely and the document still inserts the correct data and prints fine with the error message flashing in the background.

I never had this problem in Access 97, I could just mail merge straight into a document template yet the exact same database now reports this change data source problem.

Any info to put me on the right track would be greatly appreciated because I am pulling out what little hair I have left.

Many thx in advance.

Is there nobody who can help with this irritating problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back