Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP crashes and locks up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug12

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
US
Has anyone experience the problem with Office XP locks up consistently? Our word xp locks up consistently. Temp files created while the file is open are not delete when the file is closed. Everytime we try to delete this temp file, it says the permission is denied or it is lock by another user. When the computer is restarted, this temp files can be deleted. Anyone having the same problem? We have Norton Antivirus 8.0 installed on our pcs. I wonder if that's the problem. Thanks in advance.

Generally, if you cannot delete the program, you only THINK the program is terminated, but it's really running in the background.

To test, next time it happens, just Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and you'll likely see Winword in the applications list.

Anyway, just troubleshoot Word according to the steps at:

Anne Troy

If you tried the above reply (& links) and failed, just simply "Re-install office-XP", if this did'nt work the problem may be in your "operating system" and you may need to repair, or re-install it before re-installing office-XP.

Hi! I'm was not trying to delete the program. I was trying to delete the temp file. If it is the operating systems, then I have a problem. I would need to ghost 14 machines again!

Hi Junebug:
I have a client who is experiencing this exact same problem. She opens Word 2002, starts typing, gets to about word number five, and the program freezes. There is no error message.

One difference is that I think she's running a new version of Norton AntiVirus. Also her computer is a brand new HP, right out of the box, running WinXP Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back