Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP Clipart missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobSimpson

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2002
GB
I've done a network installation of Office XP on a 2000 server/client network. I did a administration point installation first with the /a tag to a shared folder on the network.

I've used office resource kit to add a couple of additional setup tweaks but I've made sure it's a full install of all the office suite (except outlook which we don't use). I've tried "run from network" and nothing works. I've tried "run all from computer" which gets the program working on each workstation but the clipart is mostly missing.

Somehow I managed to get a full set of the clipart on one machine but I have no idea how this happened. On a subsequent remove/reinstall, however, this facility disappeared. I thought it might have something to do with the fact that we hadn't run the clipart organiser immediately but when this is done it makes no difference.

As it is now, there are barely four or five images in each category.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Robert

The clipart do not install with the installation of office. There is a second CD that comes with Office XP, Media Content CD. You need to run this to install Clip art.

Also, under Add/Remove Programs select Office and choose Add or Remove (or Change) and make sure under Office Tools, Clip art is select to "Run from my computer"

Does your system have access to the Internet. I'd guess that it doesn't - the new clip organizer relies on the Internet for most of it's clips, so only seeing a couple in each catagory is normal if you do not have access to the Internet. The new clip organizer does not import clips from previous versions of Office, nor does it use their clip galleries. If you have older clip arts that you want to use, there is a program on Microsoft's site that will let you use the old clip art files in Office XP.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back