Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office XP Autocomplete list editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekopp

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
I know this is a little off subject but, does anyone know how to edit the autocomplete list that pops up when entering a 'to:' email address in outlook 2002? I have many that pop up when I enter "seko ..." and would like to delete the outdated ones.

To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".

If you want to remove one address from the displayed list so that it won't be suggested again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted, hit the Delete key.

To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook stores them. The file is normally located on c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Thanks bcastner. Works as advised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back