Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Update Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoozer654

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
CA
I get the error "Office Update is unable to check for office updates" when trying to update Microsoft Office XP. There are several suggestions but none seem to be true and applicable.

Now when I try to run any office application I get an error message that states the office .msi files are missing...

Any Ideas?

If you can, I would run detect and repair. You will need the cd's. Also, go to windows update, and see if it will find office updates for you.

Hope that might help.

If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall!

misscrf

Management is doing things right, leadership is doing the right things

Is detect and repair a seperate program on the CD's? Windows is currently up to date. SP2 included.
The user cannot uninstall Office from the control panel as there is an package error.

The Microsoft Office Update is where the problem started.

FYI this is Office XP on the Windows XP Home Edition Platform.

Thanks

In an office program, such as word, go to help, detect and repair. It may ask for the cds as it runs.

misscrf

Word does not function. When Word is executed the "Installing" message comes up and then errors out.

sorry, I dont know what to tell you.

The only option seems to be to find the cd's, and run the repair. If that doesnt work, run the remove, and then reinstall.

Something is messed up.

misscrf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back