Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office mode dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

FWHATER

MIS
Apr 26, 2005
US
I've gotten my R60 NGX secureclient to authenticate thru a wireless ap to my firewall. The client can ping the external, internal interfaces of the fw as well as workstations on the lan. The problem is, I can't get it to route to the cable modem and out to the internet. Is that enough to go on or do you need more ?

Yeah, a little more information would be helpful, I think. Are you saying that once to connect to the secureclient successfully from your remote location, you can ping internal objects on your LAN, etc. but you can't get to the internet anymore? If so, sounds to me like you have the "route all traffic through this gateway" enabled in your remote config on your firewall which you DO NOT need in order to pass traffic on your domain.

Thanks Reg, but what I did was, since the secureclient was able to ping the lan behind the fw, I just set up isa 2006 on the lan and made the proxy in IE for secureclient, the isa server. ISA 2004 and better is a stateful firewall itself, and setting up the rules to let secureclient out over the web is a piece of cake. I knew I could do this, and after struggling without isa, I just gave in and set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back