Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OFFICE INSTALLATION PROBLEM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

werds

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2001
GB
I am having problems running Oulook after the office installation is complete. I have installed office onto a NT workstation OS as administrator, as you need administative rights to install office. The problem arises when you log back on as a normal user and double click an Outlook, it comes up with an error "cannot start outlook". I have installed Office as the local administrator and as the network administrator and it still does not work. I have given the normal user local administrative rights and installed office this way and it still does not work. Outlook appears only to work for the user of which installed office and no-one else. Can you please help me solve this installation problem.

I managed to find out how to change the permissions in the regestry but the security folder in it is faded and when selected, there isn't a permissions folder to change the permissions for the users.

Log on as the admin rather than the user. Or else, give the User "Full Control" to make the changes.

I have given the user full control on the local machine, but when you log onto the network on that machine, I still cannot run outlook. Outlook will only run for that user if I log onto the "machine name" and not the network domain. I do not want to log on as admin because I am not using the machine, its for a user of which I do not want to give administrative rights.Thanks for you help, any info is appriciated. So if you have any more ideas let me know.

try adding the domain name/user to the local machine administators group while logged in as a domain admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back