Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office Companion

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpot

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
GB
Some of our end users on one site are experiencing issues with their Bluetooth devices synchronizing with the Exchange mailbox whilst the Office Companion application is running?
Has anyone else had any issues with this?

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

Are they running the cripled demo version or the fully implemented "paid" version?

We had a number of issues w/the demo & Active Directory when the trial license expired, but seems to be (so far, less than 1 week into it) running OK with the full licensed vers. Right now only 5 "guinea pigs" - we have to be careful rolling this stuff out because as you've just discovered it's very easy to get burnt.

Remember too where it came from. Unless I'm mistaken I believe it was same outfit who gave us the Screensaver App for the 5340, which most would agree is severely broken.

Going forward I see the potential to deploy well over 1,000 seat licenses of that nifty little gadget, but it absolutely, positively has to work and not become a support liability. That's why I only gave it to 5 people on the condition of "try it".

yes, we have the same issue with bluetooth and companion (free). Outlook locks up when companion is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back