Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 97 - SR2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

MIS
Sep 10, 1998
US
Hi,<br>
<br>
I have installed OFFICE 97 on a network and we also run from the network.<br>
<br>
Does anyone know how to install the OSR2 fix to a network installation.. I did OSR1 by looking on technet and manually copying files as neded ... There is no reference to OSR2<br>
<br>
Thanks

SR2 is now available again. Microsoft say that you can patch the network installation point. Expand the files from the service pack out and run SR2patch.exe /a<br>
That's the theory but it fails when I try it with messages about incorrect file versions.

I wonder if my Office toolbar crashing happens to be one of them bugs. Any URL's to a list of known problems?

Microsoft has available 'office97 sr-2' on cd. it can only be had through microsoft support channels. it is not available as 'oem' or retail. It is the complete 97 suite install aready at sr-2 level.<br>
If you can make the right microsoft connection they will send you the cd no charge.

On Windows 98 you must run an updated SR-1 before running SR-2 - there is a utility available from MS to check if SR-2 is compatible with your Office 97 installation. SR-1 downloaded before October 98 will not allow SR-2 on Win98.

I re-installed Office97 and then did both SR1 and SR2 on my W95 desktop and still get a GPF with Excel97. Anybody having this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back