Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 97 on w2k and xp - not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2001
US
Hi,
we are experiencing intermittent problems with Office 97, namely Word and excel whereby a user will try and open up the program or a file and it'll take ages for the program to open and when it does it's not very responsive. However if I log in as Admin and then do the same it works fine. Then the user logs back in to their system they can work with no problems at all. Can anyone explan this offer a fix or have any of you experienced it?

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer

Is this when you double-click on a document or when you open Word from the launch button? If this was Off2k or newer, I suggest that it is the result of using mapped drives rather than UNC paths in Tools, Options, File Locations.

What server are you using and is it patched up to date?

Regards: tf1

it occurs when the user does either, we are using a W2K SP4 Domain and Novell Netware 5 servers, all files come off the novell server. I would expect it to be the server if all users were experiencing the problem but it's just a handful

Andrew Westgarth
Web Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back