Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 97 and Win2k Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharyn

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2001
US
I've recently had 2 different users call me to tell me about a problem they have been having. Both users are running win2k pro and office 97. Both have power user permissions.

When they open an office application (0ne was using Word, the other Excel), the app opens very very slowly, (the Excel person told me it took about 5 mins for the document to open) and once it's open, no changes can be made..and the cursor won't move.

In one instance, powering off the box and turning it back on helped (warm boot did not), in the other, the user had to actually turn the machine off and leave it sit for awhile before he could use his office apps again.

Has anyone seen this??????? I'm thinking Office 97 was just not meant to run on Win2k! Comments? Suggestions?

Sharyn

Just a comment, i have win2k and MSOffice 97 pro. have had no problems, maybe re-install office?!?

I too have Office97 on W2K with no problem.

As a possibility, are they running any startup options in the command line of the shortcut properties?

Check Task Manager prior to opening an Office file, go to process tab and sort by CPU column.

Sounds like something may be using lots of CPU time.

I also have Office97 on W2K with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back