Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2k Service packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeg13g

Technical User
Feb 1, 2002
US
Hi,
I wonder if any one can help me. One of my users needs sp1a installed in order to resolve a problem with Access. But her office as been updated to sp3. So, when i try to run sp1a, it just says its complete. Basically it does nothing. I dont want to uninstall office 2k, so is there any way to bring office down to its original installation prior service packs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gavin
IT Support

A potentially stupid question here.....are you sure its office service pack 1a thats required?
There is a sp 1a available for XP(the operating system) as well which may be what u are looking for...(If you are on XP that is)
Anyway SP3 for office would contain all that SP1 would have fixed anyway.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650

its not a stupid question Kippy13, its the same thing that crossed my mind aswell. Basically, i was thinking on the same line as yourself. But the problem she has, according to Knowledgebase is that she needs SP1a for office to resolve. And yes there is a SP1a. Someone told me that if Office wasn't installed correctly in the first place, then it wouldn't update all components regardless off which sp is used. Push comes to shove i will have to uninstall it, but like i said earlier, i really like to avoid it.

Its strange because in general you everything in SP1a would have been in SP3-hence why it doesnt install.
I think the best option at this stage may be to remove office completely then reinstall it. Then just reinstall SP1a on top of it. See if the problem is fixed. If not then its not the issue.
If it is then install sp3 and see if the problem is still there.
It's be worth trying this on a spare machine as you dont want to impact the users time too much.

faq222-2244
faq608-4650

Kippy,

i was treading this (lol) but think I shall have to give it ago. I'll reply once I have done this.

Ta

Good luck. am interested to see how this one pans out so I look forward to hearing from you.

faq222-2244
faq608-4650

Hello kippy,
no luck yet, the pc is out of action, dont know when I'll get a chance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back