Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2K (Excel) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoonyD

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Hi!

I have 2 users using the same Excel Spread sheet but when they print this same spreadsheet, the formatting is different. One user is on WIN98 SE and the the other is on WIN2K. I've checked the settings on both computers and they are identical. Has anyone else ever had this problem? I'd love to hear from 'ya! Thanx! Larry

Sounds to me like it might be time to clean up that Excel file.

If possible:

Select all (ctrl-a)
Hit ctrl-q to set all column formatting back to general.
Set all font size, style, and type the same (Arial 10).
Save the file.
Now, go reformat the document in the largest *chunks* chunks that you can. For instance if columns BCD and F are currency, click on the letter B, drag to D, hit Ctrl and hit F to select all 4 columns. Now format as currency.

What *could* be happening...

The file is just getting too many formats. See the *too many formats* error at:

File is on the verge of corruption, and you may want to consider the additional cleanup info at:

Good luck!

Over an above what Dreamboat has suggeste (and I would do that first), check the printer settings on each machine and make sure the drivers and settings are the same.

Thanx Dreamboat and Hasit! I will try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back