Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2007 UI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2006
US
Hello to all, is there a way to make Office 2007 look as and behave as if it was Office 2003? Also is there a way so that when you click on the save button it will save it as a 2003 document and NOT 2007? I hate having to do a "save as" dont like the extra clicking..thanks:)

Hello Netadmin06,
If you do a search for Office 2003 skins there are a number of companies that offer what you are looking for.

You can set the default file format to Office 97-2003 in the Word Options area. Please be advised that many of the new features of Office 2007 system will behaive in reduced futionality or not work at all when saved in earlier file formats.

Regards,
Michael

Thanks!!....but when I do a search i get skins for office 2003....i want to make 2007 look like 2003....

i do not have office 2003 i have office 2003 that i want to make it look like office 2003

i do not have office 2003 i have office 2007 that i want to make it look like office 2003

So what was the point of upgrading to 2007???

< M!ke >
I am not a hamster and life is not a wheel.

So Christiaan's post of 24 Jul 07 14:04 is spot on.

Uninstall 2007 and install 2003.

< M!ke >
I am not a hamster and life is not a wheel.

My attitude towards this whole thing is that you will need to switch eventually anyway, and Microsoft seems to have done a very good job with backwards compatibility, so why not just get used to the 2007 interface?

Because I don't like it and everyone else in the network has 2003

Do you have the authority to make the decision about which version you use?

If so go out and buy a copy of 2003 otherwise it looks like you are stuck with your companies decision to move with the times as other than the answers you already have been given it appears to be that you do not have many more options I'm afraid

Failing that ask to swap you machine with another user on the network who's feelings are not so storing against 2007 and away you go...

Regards, Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back