Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2007 files do not look right

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkymrk

Technical User
Mar 22, 2006
CA
Hi all,

I have a few users who have just upgraded to Microsoft Office SBE 2007 and we are having format problems. Files that were created in the 2003 suite or earlier that have pictures and graphs look terrible in the 2007 suite. When you open lets say a word file in 2003 and there is a graph, the graph will have nice straight line and colors look really good and everything is lined up. When you open the same file in word 07 the line are not straight and colors are faded and seems nothing lines up. I have converted the same file to 07 version a .docx and still no change. Anyone have any ideas why these files are doing this? We rely heavily on these documents looking good for clients and I cannot find a whole lot of support on this issue.

Did I post in wrong area of this forum or has no one ever heard of this problem?

Yes I have installed the Compatibility Pack for all the users without Office 07 and checked for any office updates for the users with 07.

Problem you have is that not a huge amount of people are using 2007 yet so there is not a huge amount of expertise - especially in areas of comparison to prior versions.

Given that there is a new charting engine used across all the office products in 2007, I am not surprised that they look "different" but I am surprised that the compatability pack doesn;t sort it out....

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back