Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2002 to 2003 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

csr

Programmer
Jul 20, 2000
We are about to upgrade out Office 2002 software to Office 2003 throughout our entire company (about 20 workstations).

Any gotcha's lurking for me ?

Don

We did this with RIS (MUST have CORPORATE Office2003 for RIS, so no empowerment/enablement/registration/BS) and a machine OU in Win2k network...no bugs at all the old is removed and the new is installed. Course M$ has to have you re-accept the EULA and give your Name and Initals all over again...also Outlook sometimes needed to be configured again to tell it the Exchange Server and User Name (not sure why.)

Alex

Read the roll-out info on the Microsoft Office deployment site, the format of your email PST files changes and is not backward compatible.

It caught me as me laptop is not XP upgradable so any backups of my email are not loadable on it (a pain)

There's going to be a few more.

Use the installation designer included with the Office03 Resource Kit. You can include the eula, configure security settings, disable install on first use, push the Exchange configuration settings (if needed)...basically you can pre-configure the install to maintain conformity in your organization.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back