Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 Windows Installer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vermin

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2002
GB
I have 1500 student users who use mandatory profiles. Whenever they start any Office 2000 application, the windows installer starts and can take up to a minute before a series of clicking on 'cancel' and 'okay' eventually allows the application to run.
This does not happen for any staff who are using individual roaming profiles as it appears to save their settings.
Any ideas before the teaching staff lose their sense of humour ??

I have a very similar problem, so would be keen to know if you have resolved this now? Many thanks.s-)

a suggestion,

Try logging in as a student and recreate the profile, this will let MS Office make the changes to the profile. then save the profile and set it back to mandatory.

Tesh

(hope it helps)

I have a somewhat similar problem. I am installing Office2K on an NT 4.0 system. About a quarter of the way through the file copying process of the install, I get an error that it can't write to 'WINNT\System32\ <filename.ext>' I have tried all of the tricks I can think of! I _AM_ logged on as admin and have tried another user account with administrative rights, nothing seems to help. It's NOT the media

HELP!

Thanks, Courtney Christensen
Salem, OR USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back