Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 permissions in W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffieboy

Technical User
Jun 5, 2001
US
On an NT4 network, Windows 2000 Pro PC with Office 2000 sr1 loaded:

Some office functions do not work if not logged on as administrator, such as changing the org chart in Powerpoint, or running Photo Editor.

Is there a permission I need to set or load Office differently?

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeffieboy,
What did you do to solve the problem? I have the same problem.
Thanks. Bye. Electron.

Me too! In Word 97 on Win 2000 Pro workstation, Spelling & Grammar is available to users in Administrators group, but not Users Group.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Nigelo

When installing office or adding features, you need go to custum install and make sure the features you want i.e. org charts is selected to run from my computer.

IN Computer Management Users and Computers, add NT Authority Users to the local Users group. I also added NT Authority Interactive and my domain users.

Hi, we also got this problem with office 2k and installed everything localy. Everything has been started once by administrator but photoeditor doesn't run. There are also problems with grammar checking.

Anny help would be great!

I have seen the same problem and have been unable to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

Everyone check out this thread I think that it may apply here as well.
thread68-107224

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back