Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

office 2000, license agreement keeps coming up at start 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfeenie

Technical User
Sep 29, 2000
GB
even after accepting the EULA license the message keeps coming up when you go back into word/excel etc. any ideas why ? running win2000 Pro

Rob

Rob,

Did you resolve this? I have the same problem - Surely we are'nt alone!

John.

Rob and John,

I had the same issue in Office XP. Refer to Microsoft's knowledge base article 316769. OFF: Activation Wizard appears each time that you start an office program.

This behavior can occur when you install Office on a user profile with administrator permissions, rather than the administrator profile.

In a nutshell, remove Office and then reinstall Office.

Now, I did this and went through the installation of Service Packs 1 and 2 as well as the Word, Excel and Outlook updates. Then I logged into the user profile and had the same exact issue. What I found, was that if you install Office Suite on the Admin profile, you must open Excel or Word in that Admin profile to accept the End User License Agreement. Otherwise, you will continually have it pop up in all user profiles. Hope this helps.

cabogerry

rfeenie,

I too had this problem and it drove me nuts.
The answer when it came was blindingly obvious.
I logged on to all the affected machines as administrator, opened any office application and accepted the EULA.
This solved the problem every time.
Hope it works for you.

I can't believe the solution was that easy!!! Thanks so much, that really is a common occurence that is quite annoying!

Now that I've stopped repeatedly banging my head against the table I would like to thank d3lt4 for the answer, you have my sincerest thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back