Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 installation on Win XP prof. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raminriahi

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
One of my workstations has win xp professional as OS and it's connected to a win 2000 server. On this machine i have microsoft office 2000 pro installed. It works properly only for one of the users (member of Administration group), and for others i get the message windows installer package is not accessible. i'm seriously stucked here and have to come over this problem fast. If someone out there helps me, i really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Ramin

Install Office using the local machine's Administrator account (not a user account with admin privledges). You might need to remove the existing installation, since it's already installed.

raminriahi - I have exactly the same scenario, have you found a solution yet? The suggestion offered by smah does not help. I installed office 2000 as local administrator and have the same problem.

No luck with it yet. I replaced that workstation with a brand new computer :) . But still working on this issue. So please if anyone got an ultimate solution for this inform me. I truely appreciate! And ofcourse i do the same when i came up with something on this.

Thanks a lot,
Ramin

When installing office make sure that you select Run All from This Computer. This will stop the pc looking for the installation media when running office.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

Thanks a lot NortonES. It was main part of my issue, besides i had two non-identical version installed on that workstation(i don't know how... believe me!!!). one upgraded with a SR-1a patch and one not. So as soon as i upgraded the second one , and utilized that all local installation option, it's rolling !!!

Thank guys so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back