Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Office 2000 help box greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2001
GB
Hi,

When i use the Office assistant in Word, you type in your question, like "margin", it brings up 4 or 5 related subjects, when i select the subject another window appears, but it is completely grey, and there is no text.

I've re-installed office, and sp1, and sp2, i've also re-applied winnt sp6a.

None of these have fixed the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have had the same problem with Access. However, it appears to be transitory in that some days it works and some days it doesn't. I have SPd Access and done the repair that it seems to frequently demand but this has made no difference.

The only way that I have found to get over the problem is to have a help window open all the time. If I then invoke context sensitive help etc, because the window is already loaded, the help seems to be able to be displayed.

If you find out anything else, I would love to know as this irritates the heck out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back