Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

off-topic - Cheyenne Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnL

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
US
I know this is off topic, but has any used this product and have any experience with problems with it. It's been dumped on me, but a whole ton of tapes have turned up that won't restore. You try to restore and it tells you it can't find the session, even though you merged in the whole tape and it lists all the sessions. Also, some tapes give an invalid session header error. I don't believe all these tapes are bad, but I have yet to find a solution to the problem, or even what exactly the problem is. Usually I can always restore session 1 from the tape, but the rest if iffy. Any ideas or thoughts or alternate programs I coud use to try and get this info? Thanks!!!

Apart from cleaning the tape heads and reinstalling the software theres not much you can do. [sig][/sig]

Hi there

I just posted a solution for another similar problem with the server version ARCserveIT.

Try using the Restore Wizard. I know it sounds incredible but this solved our problem which was exactely the same.

regards, dave marton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back