Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

off the wall question 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnetteLee

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
I was doing some research and some time back I had asked how to copy a phone the repsonse I had gotten is...

Req cpy 1 (number of phones to copy)
Type xxxx (variable-depends on the phone you want to copy)
CFTN x.x.x.xx (enter the TN of the phone you want to copy from)
TOTN xx.x.x.x (enter the TN of the phone you want to copy to)
DN xxxx (here is where you will enter the extension of the new set)

however I had found in load 11 there are a bit more steps is there a difference and why???

load 11
req cpy n
type a..a
cftn iscu
sfmt aaaa

and so on .....

Annette Snyder
still adding to the web site

if the cpy number is larger then one, the switch can assign tn/dn.. i use tndn at that extra prompt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I just don't use CPY at all. Don't want to see all the BUG codes or have to reload my software.

90 percent of techs that don't copy or mov, also have removed ld 30 from drol.. and don't out disu removed sets. keep enough trash in background, and changes become major problems. i've worked on an 81c that you could ini with a ld 14 new 23. a week later with clean software, drol max'ed out, the switch has ran clean for almost 3 years...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

at my site, we mov and/or copy 50 sets a week. 7000 sets 40 plus pri's.. software was last reloaded on the upgrade and has not been ini's since the upgrade.. keep them clean and they will keep you employed

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It also makes life easy for you. If you know what's in a switch you're less likey to run into trouble.

Just saved a company a fortune just by clearing out old tn's. They were about to place a order for a tn upgrade, but I cleared out 150+ phones and old trunks easy eh????

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

i hadn't thought of the dollar side of it, i perfer that customers buy a few 1000 extra lic, but i don't like my switch cutting flips on my watch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back