Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Off prem notify, only 1st item called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Flash on a CICS (awaiting versions still)

Off prem notify is setup to call 2 PHONE numbers but only the 1st number is called.
Using service class 1 which is 5 minute intervals at 3 attempts, after the 3 attempts vmail gives up and does not bother with the 2nd phone number.

Anyone have this issue before?

Thanks
CC

Is the first called going to a number that is answered by a cellphone voice mail or an answering machine ?
I have seen this at several sites.

I've used it on MICS + Flash - it works ... but i usually use cos 7 (or 13 in CP)

First call cell phone with mailbox behind it.

I was wondering about COS but cant find anything in the chart that would effect it.

If the first number has voicemail behind it, then I'd assume that the first call is being answered. Since the first number is answered wouldn't this cancel the second number from being dialed? I don't use this feature so I'm not sure if this is how it works.

Brian Cox

One of them was in COS 13, changed it to 1 and it worked.
Not sure why COS would have an impact on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back